At the Poole College of Management, we instill an entrepreneurial mindset in all our students and build analytical skills into every program, so graduates leave here ready to lead — whether in a two-person tech startup or a Fortune 500 boardroom. We enhance our research and learning environment by partnering with academia and industry to create extraordinary experiences for our students and faculty. The results speak for themselves.
Top 20 Master of Accounting Program
—Public Accounting Report 2017
18 real business analytics challenges addressed
200+ students worked with 33 companies
$37 million raised
in 2018 alone for two companies (Tethis and Locus Biosciences) that started in the Technology, Entrepreneurship and Commercialization (TEC) track
~450 executives worldwide
#18 online MBA program worldwide
and #1 in program delivery and online interaction—The Financial Times 2018
23 states and 9 countries
Students from 6 colleges
16 companies and 58 students
participated in the spring 2018 Inclusive Leader Breakfast, sponsored by VF Corporation
16 companies participated
850+ students and 100+ companies attended
99% of Jenkins MBA alumni
would recruit fellow alumni—GMAC Alumni Trends Survey 2017
Poole College Stats as of spring 2018
- ~100 full-time faculty members
- ~80 full-time staff
- 2,832 undergraduate students
- 899 graduate students
- 3 bachelor’s degrees: accounting, business administration and economics
- 4 master’s degrees: accounting, business administration, economics, management
- 1 doctoral degree: Ph.D. in Economics
- 200+ mutually beneficial relationships with corporate partners
- 15+ concentrations across academic programs, ranging from finance and supply chain management to entrepreneurship and marketing
- executive education through custom-designed solutions, workshops and open programs
- 7 centers and initiatives fostering research, learning and corporate engagement: Business Sustainability, Center for Innovation Management Studies, Consumer Innovation Collaborative, Enterprise Risk Initiative, Entrepreneurship Clinic, Entrepreneurship Collaborative, Supply Chain Resource Cooperative
- 5 language tracks and global partnerships offered through the International Business Dual Degree Program
The Poole College of Management at NC State University actively engages with industry and academia to create an innovative and collaborative intellectual environment that fosters learning, scholarship and service. We focus on developing and supporting leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset and analytical problem solving capabilities to positively impact our data-rich, dynamic, global economy.
The Poole College of Management will be recognized as a world-class, innovative college of management that advances business and society.
- Excellence in all endeavors
- Innovative programs and approaches
- Impact of our scholarship
- Success of our students and alumni
- A culture of diversity and inclusion
- Ethical awareness, decisions and behaviors
- Positive contribution to our global society
Goal #1: Enhance the success of our students through educational innovation.
The Poole College of Management will be recognized as producing graduates who possess creative thought, analytic skills and the ability to foster an environment of positive intercultural interaction in the context of today’s data-driven, global economy.
Goal #2: Enhance scholarship and research by investing in faculty and infrastructure.
The Poole College of Management will develop national and international reputations for scholarship that positively impacts academia and industry.
Goal #3: Enhance interdisciplinary scholarship to address the grand challenges of society.
The Poole College of Management will partner with others to address complex issues through collaborative research and entrepreneurial engagement.
Goal #4: Enhance organizational excellence by creating a culture of constant improvement.
The Poole College of Management will responsibly develop and deploy resources to support the strategic priorities of the College.
Goal #5: Enhance local and global engagement through focused strategic partnerships.
The Poole College of Management will engage in partnerships that promote strategic innovation and provide impactful experiences to create value for all stakeholders.
View Comments 0